09-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Hi and welcome to another week, it’s always nice to meet make your acquaintance. The week we’ll be talking about – Courier Delivery Risks. Firstly, risk is the potential of gaining or losing something of value. Values (such as physical health, social status, emotional well-being, or financial wealth) can be gained or lost when taking risk resulting from a given action or inaction, foreseen or unforeseen (planned or not planned). Risk can also be seen as the intentional interaction with uncertainty.
Taking risks in courier delivery, is being aware of the many uncertainties that might occur in the process of delivering a package/parcel, and accepting it as part of the uncontrollable events of life. Experience at Swifno(www.swifno.com) has shown that due to the fact that risks(especially courier delivery risks) are taken as a result of the presence of man-made or natural uncertainties, a customer should anticipate some short-comings amidst the thought of having a successful package delivery. This is not to say that you as a customer should become a pessimist, but that you should leave room for uncertainties, even as you rest assured that your package will be successful delivered to you. Moreover, there’s a level of insurance that covers every package/parcel and every process of package delivery.
It is however, appropriate to say that there are risks and there are calculated risks. When a customer takes a calculated risk, it means that he/she is 75% sure of a successful package delivery. I’m proud to say that our customers at Swifno(www.swifno.com) take calculated risks by using one of the best courier delivery platforms in West Africa.
Are you looking to take calculated risks in courier/package delivery, have you been having trust/insecurity issues with regards the safety of your package, in a courier/package delivery process? Have you needed to send items to within Nigeria, and you wanted/expected them to get to their destination on time or on the same day? Well search no longer, here are some tips that would guide you in ensuring that you get a devoted courier delivery platform that’ll make sure your package deliveries are timely and successful:
1. Simply download the Swifno mobile app from Google Play Store or from iOS App Store and register.
2. In requesting your delivery, ensure you have the package prepared early enough (depending on the distance), before placing your request.
3. While placing a courier delivery request, ensure the pick-up and drop- off locations are properly described. This is to ensure the courier service provider does not waste time trying to locate these places.
4. While stating these locations (pick - up and drop - off), it will also be useful to indicate landmarks close to the intended location, to aid proper description.
5. Keep your mobile device (or other media) handy for vital information on status of delivery in transit especially if you are the recipient. This is also important in event of a sudden change in location, be it pick up or drop off.
6. If the delivery location is far away from the pick-up location (e.g. another state), make the request early enough, preferably first thing in the morning.
7. Communication is important. When items are on transit, try to maintain a means of communication with the courier service provide. The Swifno app offers an excellent tracking option where the courier can keep the customer updated at all times.